Mission Bay High School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) school and offers a wide variety of music courses as well as a rigorous academic course load.
Leading the way in jazz education, the MBHS Music Program includes two year-long jazz courses taught during the school day. Ensembles like our Preservationists (traditional New Orleans jazz), Bluegrass String Quintet, Swing Choir and Mambo Orchestra give students a cross-cultural experience they will not find anywhere else!
Performance is our passion
It is our belief that students grow through performance. Our students enter as musicians and leave as professionals, understanding the depth of creativity, dedication and love for their art-form needed to take the next step in their musical journey.
We aim to give our students opportunities that will stay with them for the rest of their lives, helping to shape them into incredible musicians but more importantly, incredible people.
Students in our program
- Travel the world to perform (including trips to New Orleans and Japan!!)
- Perform at local and nation-wide festivals
- Learn college level music theory
- Receive instruction and workshops from local professionals
- Compose, arrange and record in our in-house recording studio
- Are featured on television, radio and news throughout the country
- Work as paid professionals before they leave high school
Interested in joining our program?
Fill out the form below.